Generators can really be a lifesaver. They provide you energy in places that without them would be incredibly hard to come by. For example when you are camping with your friends in the middle of the woods or on a beach. Previously you would have struggled to find a power source in those types of locations.
That issue goes away when you have a generator at your disposal. One issue with generators is that lots of them need some form of fuel to make them work. This is fine if you’re willing to keep filling the generator up every time it runs out.
This in itself can be a difficult task as you may not know exactly how much fuel you need to supply to make the generator actually work. Luckily for you, we’ve gathered all of the information that you will need in regards to solar-powered generators.
This will ensure that you no longer need to repetitively fill your generator up and you can instead just connect it to some solar panels and sit back and relax. If you are unsure of exactly what you should be looking for in terms of what separates a good generator from a bad generator then we have got you covered.
Best Solar Generator For Home Back-Up
We have compiled a list of the best solar generators that you can take with you absolutely anywhere and generate enough power to charge things like mobile devices and laptops. So with that being said, let’s get started.
This is a solar-powered generator that will be fully charged in 8 hours. You don’t have to use solar power to charge it specifically. It can also be charged through a wall outlet that will take up to 7 hours to reach a full charge. If you choose to charge it through your car with adapters you will be able to charge it in up to 14 hours.
It’s quite a lightweight product weighing only 23 pounds, this makes it incredibly easy to carry over long distances which may be a very real possibility considering you may have to park quite far away from your campsite.
It also is fitted with a handle to make this job extremely easy for you or anyone you are with. It also has an extremely long running time of seven days once it has reached a full charge so depending on how long your trip is you may not even need to charge it.
Though just to be safe ensure that you do have at least one way of charging the device. It’s also quite expensive.
- Can be charged in a multiple different ways, solar power, AC outlet and a car outlet
- It’s very lightweight weighing only 23 pounds and also has a handle to make carrying the device much easier.
- Has an incredibly long running time of 7 days which will be long enough for most trips. (Make sure you do have a solution to charge the device just to be on the safe side)
- The Most Reliable Emergency Power Supply: Industry-leading safety and reliability designed with electric-vehicle-grade...
- Long-Lasting Capacity: 1,002Wh (278,400mAh). Offers up to 7 days of power supply to your crucial devices and home appliances...
- Powerful Output: 3 AC outlets with the pure-sine wave, supporting 1000W rated power and 2000W surge power at 110V.
- On the expensive side
Another great solar-powered generator is the Jackery Solar Generator 1000. It’s an extremely portable generator with a handle to make carrying the device much easier. The device weighs 22.04 pounds making it an extremely lightweight product which again helps with its portable nature.
It’s also made from incredibly durable material, this is incredibly important as if you take this with you when you are camping you may be exposed to much harsher elements so it’s important that the device can withstand them without breaking.
It’s also noise-free so if you are using the device overnight you will not be kept awake by it. This will also produce zero-emission. Many generators use fuel to be powered, this is what will cause it to produce emissions that are harmful to the environment but that won’t be the case with this. It is quite expensive though.
You will also be provided with a user manual so you will not need to worry if you do not know exactly what you need to do with a generator.
- Very portable and extremely lightweight
- This is a very durable generator
- Will also produce zero emissions and remain very quiet when it’s in use.
- Clean and Unlimited Solar Energy: 100% green energy with smart MPPT controller for optimal charging efficiency. The power...
- Easy to Use in Seconds: Just one simple touch to finish setup within 60s to enjoy outstanding charging efficiency.
- Safe & Reliable for Outdoor Camping: Features industry-leading cylindrical batteries (popular with manufacturers of Electric...
- Quite expensive.
Again this is another very portable solar generator that is fitted with a handle to make carrying the device a much easier experience. It’s also extremely lightweight weighing just 10 pounds. This is sure to make it much easier to carry the device over long distances when you are not able to park right next to your campsite.
It also has multiple ways of recharging. It can be charged by solar panels which will take 6-7 hours. By a car charger which will take 9-10 hours and by a wall outlet which will take 6-7 hours to charge. You can also use a type C USB charger which will take between 10 to 11 hours to reach a full recharge.
It can also charge up to 9 devices simultaneously which means you and your friends can all have a full battery on your devices when it comes time to recharge them.
Though it’s not as powerful as some of the other generators on this list which may be noticed in terms of the performance.
- Very portable and lightweight generator which will be easy to carry over long distances
- Has multiple ways of recharging (solar power, car charger, wall outlet and type c USB)
- Can charge 9 devices simultaneously.
- 【626WH Battery Capacity Built-In】：Perfect backup power supply for outdoor adventure and home emergencies. It could...
- 【Four Easy Recharging Methods】: 1) Any compatible 60W/80W/100W/120W solar panel (not included) can be used to charge the...
- 【Multi-Function Outputs】: GOOLOO DISCOVERY P600 power station has standard 1 * pure sine wave AC power socket; USB...
- Isn’t as powerful as some of the other generators on this list and that may be noticed in terms of performance.
Another extremely powerful generator is the BLUETTI portable power station. It can charge up to 12 devices at one time which is highly impressive. It’s also available in different colors, Steel Grey, Carmine, and Sapphire. This is sure to fill any aesthetic needs that you have when selecting your generator.
You can also charge the device in many different ways, by a solar panel which will take between 5 and 5.5 hours, a wall outlet which will take between 4 and 4.5 hours, or by a car outlet which will take between 7 to 7.5 hours to fully charge.
This means you should never run out of ways to provide the device with a charge. It’s also extremely portable and comes fitted with a handle to make carrying the device that much easier for you and your friends when you cannot park directly next to your campsite.
The device also weighs 21.4 pounds which will make carrying the device very easy because you will not feel like you are lugging around heavy goods.
Though a little cheaper than some of the other devices on this list, it is still quite expensive.
- The device is available in lots of different colors such as Steel Grey, Carmine and Sapphire
- It can charge 12 devices at on time
- Can be charged in many different ways including solar power, wall outlet and a car charger
- Is very portable and is fitted with a handle to make carrying the device incredibly easy
- Is extremely lightweight.
- [Great Capacity to Size Ratio] - With 716Wh LFP cells and an 800W inverter, the EB70S weighing only 21.4lbs can power almost...
- [Power All Loads for the Road] - EB70S has everything you need in one unit, including 800W AC outlets/100W PD/USB-A/DC...
- [Fast Recharging] - With the built-in MPPT controller, EB70S can be recharged from 0 to 80% within 3 hrs by max. 200W solar...
- A little expensive.
This particular device is compatible with any solar input up to 400W. It can also power 13 devices at the same time which is the most on this list. You will also be provided with all of the relevant equipment in one purchase and will not need to provide any equipment yourself.
It’s also waterproof which may come in very handy when you are camping and cannot predict the weather. As well as being waterproof the device is also incredibly durable when being exposed to harsher elements such as rocks.
This can be incredibly handy when you are camping because you find it difficult to rest the generator in a flat location where it could be considered safe. Unlike the rest of the generators on this list that have a handle on the top of the device, this particular one is fitted with two handles that are placed just on the side of the device.
This is still incredibly easy for you to carry around which may come in handy when you are not able to park directly next to your campsite. Though it’s one of the more expensive generators on this list.
- This device can power 13 devices all at the same time
- This device is also waterproof and made from durable materials
- Will have handles located on the side of the device to make carrying it much easier
- ⚡[Kit Includes] 1x 1260wh Solar Generator and all its accessories; 2x 160W Foldable Solar Panel and all its accessories....
- ⚡[X-STREAM] RECHARGE FROM 0% TO 80% IN 1 HOUR, FULL CHARGE WITHIN 1.6 HOURS. ECOFLOW patented X-Stream Technology empowers...
- ⚡[GREEN&QUIET&FAST SOLAR RECHARGING] EFDELTA MPPT Controller guarantees full recharge within 5-10 hours (Depends on light...
- Is quite expensive
Solar Generator Buyers Guide
One of the most important aspects to consider when purchasing any product is the durability that the product possesses. Whether that be a mobile phone or a dining room table. You will want it to be long-lasting.
That is no different in regards to generators because it will ensure that no matter what environment it’s exposed to it will be able to deal with the circumstances that it provides.
Some of the above-listed products are also waterproof which again adds to the durability factors that it possesses. All of the above products can be considered durable and you will not need to worry in that regard.
As stated durability is one of the most important aspects that you will need to consider when you are determining which is the best solar generator for you and by selecting any of the above products you will have that covered with absolute ease.
If a product is not durable then you can’t be sure that it will last you very long.
Again another important aspect that you consider when purchasing your solar generator is if the device is portable. You need to consider this highly because you will not always be able to park directly to where you are going to be using your generator so being able to carry it with ease is a welcomed feature.
The above products are all very portable and are fitted with some kind of handle whether that be located directly on the top of the device or located on the side of the device, you are sure not to struggle when carrying this device over long distances.
If the generator didn’t have a handle and you had to carry it, it can be quite a big turn-off because it will make your life more difficult.
For that reason, the portable nature of the device is truly one of the most important aspects you will need to consider when making your final decision.
The device’s lightweight nature is also something you need to consider with your solar generator. This will impact its portable nature of it. Many of the above-listed products are incredibly lightweight and will be extremely easy for you to carry over long distances.
If a device is heavy it will mean that you will struggle to carry it even if it does have handles to try and ease the load. The weight of the device is one of the most important things to consider when you are making your final decision on if the solar generator is the best one for you specifically.
As stated the above products are all incredibly lightweight and you will not have any issues in terms of carrying for long distances.
Number of Devices
This again is another important aspect to consider because it will mean that you and your friends or family can charge any devices that you may need when you are camping, if a generator could only charge one device at a time then it wouldn’t be considered a very good one so for that reason it’s really one of the most important things that you will need to consider when making your purchase.
Many of the products above can all charge multiple devices at one time so you shouldn’t run into any of those issues. This makes the devices above very multi-functional.
Different Ways To Charge
Providing different ways for you to be able to charge the solar-powered generators is extremely important because it will not always be possible to use your preferred method whatever that may be. The above-listed products all provide lots of different ways to fully charge your generator; those are by solar power, wall outlet, and a car charger mostly.
This will ensure you will always be able to find some sort of charge for your device and will never need to worry about the device not being able to properly charge.
For that reason, it really should be at the forefront of your mind when you are making your decision on which is the best one for you and your specific needs.
The running time that the device offers you again is one of the most important things you will need to consider when you decide which is the best device for you. Running time will mean the time in between that you will need to charge the device.
This means that you may not even have to charge the device while you are on your trip because the running time that you can expect is longer than what you’ll actually be going away for.
This really is important and can actually be very helpful when you need it so should definitely be high on your priority list when you are making your final decision on which is the best one for your needs.
Solar Generator Frequently Asked Questions
Why Does The Weight Of The Product Matter?
The reason that weight matters when you are determining which is the best solar generator for you is that in some cases when you go camping you may not be able to park directly next to your campsite, for example, you may be in the middle of the woods and carrying a lighter generator will be much easier for you to do than carrying a heavy one over long distances
What Could Be Considered A Good Running Time?
Well that depends on the length that you will need to be using the generator for.
Realistically anything above 8 hours could be considered as a good running time. Something under wouldn’t provide you with much time of use and could be more of a hindrance than anything.