The Furrion solar panel for RV is designed to be mounted on the roof of your RV. The solar provides electricity to your appliances and lights while boondocking, camping in remote locations away from hook-ups, or at a festival without an electrical grid.
In this article, we will discuss:
- Portable solar panels from Furrion
- How do RV solar panels work
- Whether RV solar panels are worth installing
Let’s take a look at what Furrion solar panel can provide for you and some alternative solutions.
Furrion Portable Solar Panel
The Furrion Solar Panel is one of the best RV solar panels on the market, and it can be mounted to your RV for use in various ways.
It has all the benefits of traditional solar panels, but because it’s designed for RVs, you don’t have to worry about finding a large enough space or drilling holes in your roof.
This panel comes with an easy installation kit that includes everything you need to install it quickly and easily.
The panel also features rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that are pre-installed, so there’s no need for any complicated wiring or setup once they’re received.
What Are Furrion RV Solar Panels?
The Furrion solar panel for RV is a photovoltaic (PV) panel designed to be installed on the roof of an RV.
These panels are often used in combination with other energy sources like propane or natural gas, and they can provide up to 120 watts per hour at peak performance.
So, what does this mean for you? Well, if your goal is to reduce your dependence on fossil fuels by harnessing the power of the sun, then these panels might be right for you.
What are the Advantages of Using Furrion RV Solar Panels?
RV solar panels are the perfect solution for off-grid living. They offer many different advantages, such as being lightweight and easy to install. RV solar panels vary in size, depending on the make and model of the vehicle they are used in.
Some models can be installed when there is no roof available by mounting them onto a trailer or other type of vehicle that will allow it to have enough sun exposure for optimal performance.
A recent study published in the Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews found that a switch to RV solar panels would have a “profound” effect on the environment.
This is because it would reduce carbon dioxide emissions by an estimated 3.5 billion metric tons over twenty years, the same as taking 7 million cars off the road for one year.
Solar energy can also help lower your utility bill, making it more affordable than ever before.
Plus, installing solar panels does not require any maintenance or repairs. RV solar panels come with many benefits worth considering if you want to take care of our planet while saving money at home.
What are the Disadvantages of Using Furrion RV Solar Panels?
There may be some disadvantages to using solar panels for your RV. There are many reasons why people do not use solar panels on their RVs. Here are the main ones.
- Solar panels can be expensive to purchase and install, making it difficult to justify the investment compared with other options like gas or propane generators.
- The weight of solar panels makes them undesirable in some cases since they will need added reinforcement for windy areas or steep inclines where they could become dislodged from their mounting location or slide along rails if pulled by gravity while driving down hillsides.
How Do Furrion RV Solar Panels Work?
Have you ever wanted to own a camper or RV but couldn’t afford it? What if we told you that you could charge your car battery and get free electricity from the sun. Well, now is your chance.
Furion has created an affordable way for anyone to enjoy their life on the road. The Furrion solar panels are simple enough for any beginner to install, and they come at a low cost.
They’re durable, lightweight, and flexible, making them perfect for RVs because they can be folded up when not in use.
RV solar panels are a great way to cut your RV’s energy consumption. They work by converting the sun’s light into electricity stored in batteries for later use.
There are two main types of RV solar panels – rigid and flexible.
Rigid panels are typically mounted on the roof or sidewalls, while flexible ones can be wrapped around almost any surface area you want to power up with solar power.
The type you choose depends largely on where you plan to park your RV most often, as well as what surfaces it has available for mounting purposes.
Here are simple explanations of how RV solar panels work:
- First, they must be in sunlight for the photovoltaic cells to create electricity.
- Second, the power moves through an inverter that converts it into AC current and then sends it to your batteries or directly to your appliances.
This process ensures that you are never without power when camping.
How To Know How Many Solar Panels You Need For Your RV
Do you own an RV and want to know how many solar panels you need? There are a few steps that can help. The first is figuring out the number of watts your RV uses on average.
If this is not available, it’s easy to estimate using basic math or by looking at the wattage listed for similar models.
You could also look up the model online and see what other people have said about wattage usage for their specific model – there maybe tips from previous owners about things like storage space heating that will affect how much power is needed during winter months temperatures drop.
Do You Need To Use RV-specific Solar Panels?
Do you need to use RV-specific solar panels? What are the main differences between a regular and an RV solar panel, anyway? These questions might be on your mind if you’re considering installing a solar power system for your recreational vehicle.
In general, there is not much difference between standard and RV-specific solar panels.
They both have similar wattage outputs as well as comparable efficiency ratings. The main difference lies in their physical size: since they are designed specifically for RVs, they tend to be more lightweight than traditional models, so it’s easier to install them on top of any roof rack.
RV Solar System Components
The battery bank is the most important part of the RV solar panel. It stores energy generated during the day and can be used at night to power lights, fans, TVs, etc.
The battery bank has a capacity that determines how long you’ll be able to use it without recharging or connecting your RV to an outside source of electricity.
The charge controller is a device that protects your batteries from being overcharged or undercharged by the solar panels. This ensures that you get the most out of your batteries and use them for as long as possible.
The charge controller has three main components:
- An input, which accepts energy from the sun
- An output, which sends electricity to rechargeable batteries
- A processor regulates the power flow between these two points.
An RV solar panel inverter is an essential component that converts the 12VDC power from your solar panels and then converts it to 120 volts of AC power for use throughout your RV.
The inverter also protects your electrical system by keeping you from getting a shock or short circuit, as well as monitoring the battery charge levels and protecting them with a low voltage disconnect.
Here are some easy connections for a Furrion Solar panel – you can just plug it in with these two pin ports;
- SAE connector to a 2 pin power industrial circular connector, with SAE to a SAE polarity reverse adapter.
- SAE cable is suitable for connection and transfer of solar battery and car battery, convenient to use and install, plug and...
- The core adopts 100% heavy-duty copper wire, which has low loss, low heating, and a large current. 10AWG 40cm / 15.7inch...
Are RV Furrion Solar Panels Worth It?
Yes, they are. With the right knowledge about these devices and what you want from your RV’s power system, you can find a solution that works for you.
RV solar panels are becoming more and more popular for RVers. They can be a great investment, but they also have their pros and cons.
It’s important to know what you’re getting into before committing to an expensive purchase.
The most obvious pro of installing an RV solar panel is the cost savings on your utility bill each month. You will save money by harnessing free energy from the sun instead of paying for it through the electric company. This will add up over time!
Your initial cost may be higher than if you had just hooked up to power at campgrounds, but in the long run, it’ll pay off in full with all those saved utility bills and no need to carry around heavy extension cords or generators.
Best Alternatives Solar Panels For RVs
Furrion solar products cost higher than most solar products. So, if you’re on a budget, there are some other great alternatives.
Here are three alternatives from great reliable solar manufacturers. Each one is great for different setups;
Permanent Fixed Option
- [Wide Application] 800Wh daily output depends on the 4 hours sunlight availability; suited for applications that require a...
- [Excellent Performance] 22% High solar cell efficiency; Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame for outdoor use, allowing the...
- [Multiple Protection] The Renogy Adventurer-Li 30A PWM charge controller is designed for aesthetically clean flush mounting...
Kick Stand Setup
- [High Conversion Efficiency] - BLUETTI SP200 is a 200-watt monocrystalline solar panel with high conversion efficiency,up to...
- [Durable and Splash-proof] - Made with advanced laminated technology and long-lasting ETFE material on the surface, making it...
- [Compatible with Most Solar Generators] - BLUETTI SP200 200W foldable solar panel uses MC**4 connector & is designed to be...
Quick-Fold Flexible Choice
- 【FOLDABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT EASY TO STORE】-- This solar panel photovoltaic packs 160W of power yet is only 1.1inch(2.8cm...
- 【COMPLETE KIT,WORKS OUT OF THE BOX 】-- Solar charger for all 12V batteries ,with its 18V optimum power voltage.Protection...
- 【PERFECT CHOICE FOR OUTDOOR AND EMERGENCY LIFE】-- 9.85ft (3m) cable length from panel to controller, For most power...
Final Word – RV solar Power
Solar panels for RVs are the way forward. Driving in the sun around the states while your power is being supplied above is a satisfying feeling.
Furrion solar panels for RVs are ideal for people who want to have clean and green energy at all times and want a high-quality product that is designed specifically for RVs.
For a quick setup get the Furrion solar panels. Or if you’re a DIY enthusiast, or on a budget, get the alternative solar panels for a cheaper price.
Take that next step to freedom with solar panels for your RV.